      From: Mark Austin <vk2jma@...>
      To: tracker2 <tracker2@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Fri, Dec 31, 2010 9:48 am
      Subject: Re: [tracker2] Remote area APRS link with OT2s

      Gents,

      Thanks for taking an interest. What I'm looking to do is provide some
      coverage in an area I can't get an RF path to by using the existing
      microwave network as a link between the to ends (ot2s?). Minimal equipment is the goal. So the full path would be - normal VHF rf aprs from the remote Ham to an ot2 on a hill top then to an rs233 to IP converter, then via the microwave network (500km) to an IP to rs232 converter to the second ot2, then a 150km normal aprs RF hop to the igate in Tamworth.

      Sorry if I was a bit vague first time round, the keypad on the Android is a bit small for long emails with fat finger's !
      Regards,
      Mark
      Vk2jma
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic