11585Re: [tracker2] Attention Nuvi 1300 users

    Dec 5, 2010
      I'll check it out. The compressed mode code is due for a rewrite
      anyway. I've seen something like you're describing before, and I think
      it was related to a stack overflow.

      As for the messaging while navigating bug, I'll have to make sure the
      ETA packets aren't screwing up the T2. That's about the only
      possibility if it's not a Garmin bug.

      Scott

      On 12/3/2010 11:53 PM, chris.ronk wrote:
      > I have been running into a LOT of bugs using the Garmin Nuvi 1300 GPS
      > unit with my tracker2 running firmware 55506. I have been dealing
      > specifically with messaging issues. It could send and receive messages,
      > but it would intermittently send/receive the ACKs and the messages would
      > retry forever. Only about 2% of the messages would actually ACK
      > correctly. It also had issues displaying waypoints; some worked, and
      > others didn't; I have now found a work around: disable compressed data
      > packets. Send it the command COMPRESS OFF.
      >
      > For some reason, with compress ON, a whole bunch of crucial bugs rear
      > their ugly head. As soon as I turned compress off, it functioned fine.
      > The only bug that survived and is still an issue is that one cannot send
      > or receive messages while en route to a destination. If you tell the
      > Nuvi to plan a route, it will not process messages. Other than that, it
      > works much better.

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic