      From: hamer669@...
      Sender: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 14:40:45 -0500 (EST)
      To: <tracker2@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [tracker2] Attention Nuvi 1300 users

      A toughbook would be great... but I have a topless jeep just open to the air.  I would rather someone steal my $120 GPS. :)  The weather is another concern.

      Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 14:11:53 -0500 (EST)

      The 1300 with compression disabled works well. There are a few annoyances:

      No messages while in route.
      It may not process new waypoints while in route; I am currently testing this.
      No map redraw for mobile stations.  If another station is mobile, he wont move on the map.  You must exit the map view, and then re-enter.  Not as big a deal as it sounds. I've gotten pretty good at exiting and entering the map view.

      I have never used the 350, but the 1300 is definitely functional; it is a whole lot better than lugging a laptop around. :)