11256Re: [tracker2] nuvi350 audio question

  • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
    Sep 24, 2010
      Unfortunately, the Nuvi350 is a closed device. The APRS "magic" that
      the T2-135 does with messaging is available because of a "Fleet
      Management Mode" built into the device by Garmin. I guess it would be
      possible to modify the T2-135 firmware to send a message when a station
      is displayed, but there's not enough room in the T2-135 to determine
      "New" and the Nuvi is not queriable.

      So, the answer is, unfortunately, no.

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - T2-135 as KJ4OVQ-9 OT2m as KJ4ERJ-9 both w/Alinco
      DR-135 and Nuvi350s

      KD4NFS wrote:
      > i have a t2-135 installed in a alinco 135t, with a nuvi350.
      > is there a way to have the nuvi350 play some sort of sound when a new aprs station is dispalyed on the nuvi screen?
      > thx for the help.
      > 73's

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic