11091Re: tracker is installed

  • kd8htg
    Sep 1, 2010
      ok here goes. so i set the tx level back to about half which didn't seem to make much of a difference. i know after doing some reading on previous post that louder isnt' better and it seems that the half way mark at least in my application is still too loud. my install in my car makes it a bit of a pain to remove the tracker every time i want to change the tx level. (i will be changing the install setup in the near future) but in the mean time i see there is a command
      for the nuvi 350

      --TXLEVEL <1-255>

      so now im trying to figure this out if i sent --txlevel i should get a message from teh tracker showing what the value is actually set to at that moment. is this command just that a reply of that level or is it possible to change the tx level by using this command say
      --txlevel <100>

      if i was able to change this level with out removing the tracker at this moment in time it sure would be handy.

      and james yes your right a nice pdf about setting devation sure would have been handy for a guy like me who was so excited to finally get my tracker i totally over looked it. i mean come on they were on back order for at least a month. oh well i learned my lesson RTFM i deserve that one
      take care
      JD

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "kd8htg" <kd8htg@...> wrote:

      > Not a problem. I should have put in more info but was pressed for time . Made some
      > Changes and will see how it all works out
      >

      > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Teddy Banks <tbanks204@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Lynn: I love your Bedside Manner. 73's KC0WNY
      > >
      > > On 8/31/2010 8:00 PM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
      > > >
      > > > JD,
      > > >
      > > > Don't let James put you off. He means well! ;) We just all have our
      > > > own way of asking for the information that we need to know to help.
      > > >
      > > > Always feel free to ask anything. Answers might not come on the first
      > > > attempt, but the more details you provide up front the better the chance
      > > > of that!

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic