10996Re: [tracker2] OT2m in permanent digipeater

  • Jon
    Aug 10, 2010
      ----- Original Message ----
      From: w4vab <w4vab@...>
      To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tue, 10 August, 2010 0:39:54
      Subject: [tracker2] OT2m in permanent digipeater

      I have suggested that our local digipeater group replace a lightning damaged TNC
      with an OT2m. A couple of the other members question the suitability of the
      OT2m for use at remote mountain location under solar power.

      Please give me some comments on the suitability of the OT2m for use in permanent
      digipeater installations at solar powered remote locations.

      It would also be helpful to have the callsigns or locations of some of the

      Hugh, W4VAB

      Hi Hugh,

      Personally I couldn't think of anything better. Here in the South East of
      Ireland we have a mixture of OT2's and TNC2 (UI-Digi) nodes. As the UI-Digi
      nodes fail, we are replacing them with OT2's.

      de John
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic