1065GPS data to computer as well?

  • Curt, WE7U
    Sep 29, 2006
      Is there a method to dump GPRMC/GPGGA sentences to the computer when
      using both Tracker2 serial ports?

      Any of these perhaps:

      *) Send the NMEA strings when the computer requests them via
      Control-E (Picopacket mode).

      *) Send the NMEA strings as normal ASCII text in between the KISS
      data packets.

      *) Send the NMEA strings inside KISS packets but with a different
      KISS interface ID (MKISS protocol).

      ??

      One could always wire the GPS-out line in parallel to the Tracker2
      and another serial port on the computer, but it'd be nicer if one
      could get the data directly from the Tracker2 over the same serial
      port as being used for KISS communication.