10211Re: [tracker2] Re: decode issues - only decoding digipeated packets

    Mar 31, 2010
      Could be the demodulator on the T2-135 is marginal and it's only
      decoding the digi'd packets because the digi is the only thing it hears
      with the deviation level and (lack of) twist that it needs. How old is
      this unit? You can send it back if you want and I'll check it out.

      Scott

      vk2abp wrote:

      > Since I am having the problem stated I already have the radio and
      > T2-135. Even if I use it as a mobile tracker i would want the ability
      > for it to decode direct signals rather than only those that have been
      > digipeated (this is afterall the problem i am facing) - Perhaps I should
      > not have put in the other info in the beginning...
      >
      > It is actually quite frustrating this problem. i have tried the remote
      > access thing for the radio - sending it a message from my TH7DAG
      > handheld. If i turn on my home digipeater the T2-135 decodes the
      > digipeated message, direct it does not. Using another opentracker device
      > - same deal.
      >
      > The problem is that it only decodes packets that have come from a
      > digipeater - mobile stations that have been nearby that my handheld
      > decodes no problem - the T2-135 gets good signal strength, but no
      > decode. If through a digipeater - no problem.
      >
      > Any help would be greatly appreciated as i am quickly becoming a balder
      > man hihi

      > "Keith VE7GDH" <ve7gdh@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Bob VK2ABP wrote...
      > >
      > > > the IGate/fill-in that I am currently running is not the T2-135 based
      > > > solution. I am looking at that for a remote / solar setup on a friend's
      > > > property.
      > >
      > > For solar, I would consider instead the T2-301 unless you need more
      > > than 5W from the transmitter. Out of the box, it is 5W, but I believe you
      > > can tweak it up to about to about 9W. The T2-301 is a 5W transceiver
      > > with a modified version of the OT2m built into it.
      > >
      > > I would save the T2-135 for some other use. Using a T2-301 instead on
      > > a solar powered site would reduce the power needs considerably. The
      > > T2-135 in a DR-135T would make a nice mobile tracker, or for use
      > > with a laptop, or for an IGate or digi where AC power was available.
      > > It could also see dual use for voice or APRS, but one at a time.
      > >
      > > On the other hand, if you need more than 5W and you have large enough
      > > solar panels to run the Alinco radio, and already have the radio,
      > then the
      > > T2-135 does give you the equivalent of a high powered version of the
      > > T2-301.
      > >

      > > 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
      > > --
      > > "I may be lost, but I know exactly where I am!"

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic