10206Re: [tracker2] Re: decode issues - only decoding digipeated packets

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Mar 31, 2010
      VK2ABP wrote...

      > I have tried the remote access thing for the radio - sending it a
      > message from my TH7DAG handheld. If I turn on my home digipeater
      > the T2-135 decodes the digipeated message, direct it does not. Using
      > another opentracker device - same deal.

      What are you using to determine if the T2-135 is decoding?

      > The problem is that it only decodes packets that have come from a
      > digipeater - mobile stations that have been nearby that my handheld
      > decodes no problem - the T2-135 gets good signal strength, but no
      > decode. If through a digipeater - no problem.

      So the question is why the T2-135 can decode tones from the digi but
      not from mobile stations / your D7 etc. Have you listened to the tones
      from the D7 and from the digi? Is there a significant difference in the
      deviation, or the TXDelay? When you try the D7, is it right beside the
      DR-135 or across the room? Any chance RF is getting into the Alinco
      radio?

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH