10191Re: decode issues - only decoding digipeated packets

  • vk2abp
    Mar 30, 2010
      Sorry for any confusion - the igate/fill-in that I am currently running is not the T2-135 based solution. I am looking at that for a remote / solar setup on a friend's property.

      Basically if i cannot to the TNC via serial i can see it decodes the packets from a digipeater - but it does not decode any packets direct. This is the same for if using UI-View32 obviously.

      So please disregard the things you see online - they are from a different igate/fillin, and from a different mobile device (although the T2-135 does seem to work fine as a mobile device - just it only hears things from a digipeater)

      cheers,

      Bob - VK2ABP

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Alan" <alan@...> wrote:

      > A few things:
      >
      > APRS.fi has been having a heard station bug for the past day or so. If you look at your mobile's raw, it did go directly into your igate. 7 times this morning. But It only showed up twice in the heard station info.
      >
      > http://aprs.fi/info/VK2ABP-7
      > http://aprs.fi/info/VK2ABP-1
      >
      > I live in a busy APRS area and don't digi when set up as an I-gate. When an I-Gate/digi is transmitting, it can't listen for packets to send to APRS-IS. Cutting down the efficiency of the I-gate. Your area might be OK doing both, especially since your setup as a courteous digi, only digipeating fresh 1st hop mobiles;-)
      >
      > Set the fastest stable serial baud rate to uiview, 57600 should speed up your packets sent to APRS-IS. It's a race to APRS-IS, only the winner shows up. Losers run 4800 or 9600 baud.
      >
      > Check to see if the EQ jumper is removed. data ports usually have unsqueched, non-deemphasized audio, so it should decode better with the EQ jumper pulled.
      >
      > The biggest problem I hear almost daily is APRS users have their RX audio and TX audio hosed up. They setup a tracker or digi and don't pay attention to their levels. When they don't track well, they think increasing path will help...
      >
      > These pages explain the most important part of APRS "layer-one":
      >
      > http://www.febo.com/packet/layer-one/transmit.html
      > http://www.febo.com/packet/layer-one/receive.html
      >

      > Alan:-)

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic