10120Re: [tracker2] Re: Nuvi 205

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Mar 10, 2010
      Randall WW5RM wrote...

      > I have a couple of 350 and I don't consider the way it handles
      > Mobile stations the ideal by a long shot!!!!! I am constantly
      > bombarded with waypoints full all the time because it adds
      > a extra number to the end of the SSID each time it is heard
      >so to me the bread crumb trail seems to be a better way to go
      > and waypoint expiration sure would help eliminate running
      > out of waypoints.

      I have never heard of a Nuvi 350 connected with an FMI cable
      to an OT2m / T2-135 / T2-301 doing what you are describing.
      The Nuvi 350 properly handles waypoint upload... i.e. you don't
      end up with a "breadcrumb" trail of waypoints with a different
      number tagged on the end. The non 350 Nuvis give you the
      breadcrumb trail as you are describing. I don't know if it's true,
      but perhaps you have a very old firmware version in the 350
      and it needs to be updated.

      > So tell me again how the 350 handles it properly? Because
      > I don't see it that way.

      In my experience, it doesn't do what you are describing.

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH