10116Re: [tracker2] Re: Nuvi 205

  • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
    Mar 10, 2010
      ww5rm wrote:
      > Interesting!
      >
      > I have a couple of 350 and I don't consider the way it handles Mobile stations the ideal by a long shot!!!!! I am constantly bombarded with waypoints full all the time because it adds a extra number to the end of the SSID each time it is heard so to me the bread crumb trail seems to be a better way to go and waypoint expiration sure would help eliminate running out of waypoints.
      >
      > So tell me again how the 350 handles it properly? Because I don't see it that way.

      My Nuvi 350 being fed by a T2-135 embedded in an Alinco DR-135 has a
      single waypoint for each callsign-SSID. When/if a position packet is
      heard, the waypoint simply moves to the new location with no duplication
      at all. As I understand it, this is the only Nuvi to behave this way.
      All of the other models do what you describe.

      I don't have my firmware version handy here (it's in the mobile), but
      are you sure you're running the latest firmware? And (please don't take
      offense) are you sure they're 350s?

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

      > Randall
      >

      > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <ldeffenb@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Scott Miller wrote:
      >>
      >>> it doesn't automatically update the map, and it doesn't show waypoint
      >>> names unless you select a station. I haven't had any luck so far
      >>> getting anyone to change that.
      >>>
      >>> FMI 2.5 *does* allow automatic waypoint expiration, though, which is
      >>> pretty cool.
      >>>

      >> So, two steps backwards and one step forward at this point?
      >>
      >> Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic