10071Re: [tracker2] T2 Programing questions

  • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
    Mar 2, 2010
      Michael Kaufman wrote:
      > I found your link to the explanation of the dup messages very
      > informative and answered my question 2. On question 1 I was looking
      > to send an automatic reply acknowledgement to the station that sent
      > me the message. The tracker 2 is now replying ack E and I would like
      > to change this message and change other settings in the tracker 2 as well.

      Ack E is probably (I haven't looked at your raw packets) the APRS
      message acknowledgment. You wouldn't want to change that or the sender
      will keep sending the message. If the ackXXXX matches the {XXXX
      characters at the end of the original message, that's what it is.

      As for an auto-response, I don't think the Tracker 2 has that. I know
      Kenwood radios do, and it gets quite obnoxious when someone has it on
      and you attempt an APRS messaging QSO with them. Every message you send
      gets the auto-acknowledgment (separate from the APRS ack) and THEN the
      actual response from the operator at the other end. I can appreciate
      auto-responders when cruising down the Interstate, but you'd have to
      remember to clear them for attended operation.

      As far as I know, you can send any of the normal tracker 2 commands from
      the Nuvi's message interface. Just send them as --whatever where
      whatever is the command to do. I routinely play with --info (see how
      many packets have been received).

      As for the rest of the functionality, I'll defer to the T2 developers.

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ