10069Re: [tracker2] T2 Programing questions

  • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
    Mar 2 5:01 PM
      wb9sli wrote:
      > Have gotten my T2 several months and have just now had time to get it going and have several questions. I am using it with a Nuvi 350 and all indications are that it is working well.
      >
      > 1. I am trying to change the reply message from the Nuvi "--reply WB9SLI is out and about"
      > it does not seem to accept my command. I can get the reply to "--version" ok in the in
      > box. I did the programming from my computer (XP) for the initial set up but see no menu
      > for many of the commands listed in the manual. Is there another program recommended
      > to program the commands from the computer?

      To send a message, just type -WB9SLI Sorry, I'm out and about. Or if
      you leave off the -ToCall, it will send to the callsign that it last
      received a message from. Of course, it's a good idea to have received a
      message before using that feature!

      > 2. When I send a message from the Nuvi / T2 to my other radio (D700) I get the reply
      > message in my inbox duplicated a total of 3 identical replies. There is a Digi that my
      > be repeating my signal. I get the same duplicates when messaging a friends radio. Any
      > ideas on set up?

      Duplicate messages are routine in APRS. Many clients suppress them,
      some don't. They also happen when acks don't get through. Check out my
      writeup on the amazingness of APRS messaging at
      http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/aprs-messaging-explained