Letter from MNPD Chief Serpas

  • JAMES SUMMERVILLE
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2004
      Dear friends,

      Our local group of the TRA takes pardonable pride in
      this letter. Since the founding of the award in 1998,
      the senior management of our Police Department, and
      city officials, have come to take enormous and genuine
      pride in the annual luncheon and presentation.

      The real joy is in meeting the honored officers and
      their families, who know that some civilians
      appreciate their quiet heroism and honor it in the
      name of a great American.

      Kindest regards,
      Jim

      June 9, 2004

      Mr. James Summerville
      2911 Woodlawn Drive
      Nashville, Tennessee 37215-1138

      On behalf of the Metropolitan Nashville Police
      Department, I would like to express my gratitude to
      you and the members of the Theodore Roosevelt
      Association for recognizing Officer Horace Temple. It
      was a privilege to stand with Officer Temple and his
      family as we celebrated his dedication, his tenacity,
      and his unwavering effort to "make a difference every
      day."

      I also appreciate your extensive involvement in
      planning and organizing the annual ceremony. It is a
      heartwarming event. Its success is due to your
      dedication to such a great cause and namesake.

      Our community is fortunate to have a Theodore
      Roosevelt Association chapter. Thank you again for
      such a distinguished tribute to a deserving police
      officer.

      Sincerely,

      Ronal W. Serpas
      Chief of Police