Fw: Proctor Exhibit at Buffalo Bill Historical Center

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2004
      Message

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 8:00 PM
      Subject: Proctor Exhibit at Buffalo Bill Historical Center

      John,

      I keep trying to send this message to the TR-Yahoo discussion group, but it refuses to deliver it.  Would you pleas forward this on to the discussion group?  I am sure many members will enjoy the link.  Hope all is well in New York!

      Sincerely,
      Jeremy

      FYI

      I thought the members of the TR discussion group would be interested in the following link:  http://www.bbhc.org/exhibitions/proctor.cfm

      The link will take you to a summary of the current exhibit "Wildlife and Western Heroes:  Alexander Phimister Proctor, Sculptor."  Proctor a friend of TR, Gifford Pinchot and others, sculpted the TR equestrian statue in Portland.  The exhibit is located at the Buffalo Bill Historical Center in Cody, Wyoming and will be open until mid October.  There is also a wonderful book produced in connection to the exhibit which I am sure many TRA members will find interesting.  I attended the exhibit a week ago and was very impressed.  In the exhibit they show a wonderful silent film documenting the sculpting and casting of the TR equestrian statue!

      Sincerely,
      Jeremy Johnston