[tr-m] Re: No Subject

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 9, 1999
      The portrait of TR you're referencing is the one by John Singer Sargent.
      The original hangs in the White House. The National Portrait Gallery was
      allowed to borrow it (and also TR's Nobel Peace Prize Medal, which is also
      housed at the White House) while the "Icon" exhibit was in Washington.
      Neither piece, however, was allowed to travel with the exhibit.

      The remaining schedule for "Theodore Roosevelt: Icon of the American
      Century" is as follows:

      December 18, 1999 - March 19, 2000
      Buffalo & Erie County Historical Society
      Buffalo, New York

      April 28 - July 9, 2000
      New York State Museum
      Cultural Education Center
      Empire State Plaza
      Albany, New York

      Even without the portrait and the medal, the exhibit is well worth visiting.

      Linda Milano
      Assistant Director TRA@...
      Theodore Roosevelt Association (516) 921-6319
      P.O. Box 719 FAX: (516) 921-6481
      Oyster Bay, NY 11771-0719 www.theodoreroosevelt.org