Re: [tr-m] TV and Hollywood connections to the Roosevelts

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 5, 2004
      I wonder if the sender of this message would identify himself or herself.
      It's just nice to know who one is talking to, or hearing from.
      J. Gable
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 6, 2004
        > But Brian Keith was good physically as TR in that Milius film Wind
        > and
        > the Lion. It's just that the falsifications of history in that movie
        > came fast and furious.

        I like Brian Keith and could sort of picture him acting as TR.

        If I may project, I think the problem "optic" has with the various actors
        mentioned previously is in being overly aware of other roles they had
        played. With such a well-known face as TR's, it takes a lot of faith to toss
        aside ingrained stuff and try to absorb what you're seeing on the screen. A
        good, honest movie and good acting ability can go a long, long way in
        overiding all the preconceptions but how often does a good movie come
        along? I saw that latest version of Titantic over the holidays and can now
        understand the addicting appeal it has for some people I know that have
        seen it over and over, but was disappointed in its lost opportunities. And,
        by the way, I could not mentally accept the "Misery" wacko as the
        Unsinkable Molly Brown, no way! :-)