TR & Nikola Tesla

  • Robert Kuniegel
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2000
      TR Historians,

      Did TR ever meet or comment about Nikola Tesla. Tesla was a contemporary
      of TR who lived in New York City. TR may have thought him to be a nut
      case if he did hear about Tesla but Tesla was every bit as dynamic as TR
      in different ways. I find it unlikely that TR never read anything about
      Tesla. I first learned about this great naturalized American when I was
      looking for some information about static electricity about 15 years
      ago. I recommend this book to anyone that is interested in reading
      about a person as interesting as TR "Nikola Tesla A Man ahead of his
      Time". There are other books about Tesla but I have not read any that
      tells about his many assets and his many mental problems in a unbiased
      fashion as this book. He was a person that died of a broken heart after
      giving his best to the country he loved. There are a number of reasons
      why most people have never heard of Tesla. I will skip the reasons and
      just say that he invented the electric motor among other things & held
      patents for every possible way to build an electric motor (20 or 30
      patents). Tesla gave his patents away to insure the country would use
      AC power verses the direct current that Thomas Edison was pushing.

      Bob Kuniegel
      *********
      Add radio to the following list. It has been documented that his work on
      remote control weapons precedes Marconi.

      1.Nikola Tesla: inventor, engineer, scientist - Inventions: a
      telephone repeater, rotating magnetic field principle, polyphase
      alternating-current system, induction motor, alternating-current
      power transmission, Tesla coil
      http://www.neuronet.pitt.edu/~bogdan/tesla/