RE: [tr-m] re: TR's dislike of Jefferson

  • Tim Glas
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 14 8:46 PM
      Message
      And all the more fitting that it is, actually.  I felt at first that TR had been jilted by its location, but for our first major Conservation President, for the hunter, for the outdoorsman, well it's one of my favorite presidential sites in DC.  I highly reccomend the swamp walk to anyone with an hour or two to get away from it all in the middle of the city.  Especially on a day as lovely as today.  I believe there is also the Theodore Roosevelt Trail in Rock Creek Park (where he used to take diplomats, aides and friends on his infamous point-to-point walks) near the NPS Rock Creek Nature Center.