Re: [tr-m] Fw: Fwd: The Teddy Fixation

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2000
      The article by Christopher Caldwell in _The Atlantic_ is a classic
      right-wing attack on Theodore Roosevelt. His views are of course not those
      of all conservative Republicans, but he clearly perceives that TR was
      against laissez-faire, isolationism, and weak government, all common values
      in the conservative tradition - witness W.H. Taft and his son Robert A.
      Taft. We hope to republish the Caldwell article in the _TRA Journal). It
      needs to be preserved in amber! It is so hard these days to find clever
      attacks on TR since TR is so popular with almost everybody, right or left,
      and Caldwell does a masterful hatchet job.

      Best wishes from Oyster Bay,

      John A. Gable, Ph.D.
      Executive Director TRA@...
      Theodore Roosevelt Association (516) 921-6319
      P.O. Box 719 FAX: (516) 921-6481
      Oyster Bay, NY 11771-0719 www.theodoreroosevelt.org