[tr-m] Re: TR and illness

  • peggyjackson@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 1999
      porkchop smith <porkcho-@...> wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/tr-m/?start=1

      Dear Mr. Porkchop,
      I don't know about your disorder but in the case of TR and Churchill, I
      would call it a gift--exceptional enery and extraordinary intelligence.
      It's a sad day when such a thing is considered a disease. Churchill
      did suffer off and on from "the black dog" --as he called his
      reappearance of a dispairing mood. He had reason to shift into
      despair-his burdens and responsibilities were monstrous. He managed it
      with creative activity. He kept busy and varied his
      activities--writing, painting, building brick walls, time with his
      family and of course politics--rather than the usual "rest and
      relaxation" of non-activity.
      Take care,
      Peggy
      > I studied T.R. because I have bipolar disorder (a mood disorder) and
      > read that he did also. One writer (a doctor) made up a diagnosis for
      > him called bipolar 2 B. The B stands for benevolent, which means that
      > he used his high energy and creativity for the good of others.
      > The writer also said Churchill had the same "benevolent" form of the
      > disease.
      > What I learned by studying TR was that he was willing to sacrifice
      > himself and even die for the American people. The good of the
      American