Re: [tr-m] Rough Riders and General Note of Thanks

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 27, 2003
      Michael,
      Would you be interested in doing an article on the Rough Rider movie for
      the TRA Journal ? You have valuable insights into the film, and many
      people still watch it.
      John Gable
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 27, 2003

        BrotherPres@... wrote:

        > Wow, that was a far more detailed response than I had expected to
        > get. Thank you!
        >
        > This reminded me of something I have been thinking about since seeing
        > "American Lion" over the past several days. I just have to say what a
        > priviledge I believe it is to participate in this discussion group.
        > I've used this and its predecessor for nearly five years, and the
        > things I've learned and the people from whom I have learned them amaze
        > me when I stop and think about it. I think it is wonderful that some
        > of the formeost TR scholars in the world participate in this forum
        > with amateur historians and TR afficianados like myself. I love the
        > fact that I am reading Kathleen Dalton's book on TR, and that I can
        > participate in a discussion with her through this group. And that I
        > received Ed Renehan's book on the Roosevelt family for Christmas and
        > see his messages here often as well. Or that I can get a response to
        > my post within 24 hours from Dr. Gable, whom I saw on the History
        > Channel at three o'clock this morning!
        >
        > I guess what I am trying to get at is that the access which this forum
        > provides for people like me is a real blessing, and I am thankful for
        > it. Sorry to get off topic here, but I just wanted to express my
        > thanks.
        >
        > Michael, thank you for your in-depth response to my question, and
        > thank you to all of you who participate in this group.
        >
        > G.T. Bynum
        > Washington, DC
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Vince Liberto
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 27, 2003
          I likewise ditto Mr. Bynum's sentiment,
          especially how accessible (and cordial) some of
          the scholars have been. I am impressed how Gable,
          Renehan, and Dalton--and even Tweed
          Roosevelt--have been so accessible and respectful
          of opinions and insights expressed.

          Thank you so very much, and I plan on talking the
          group up among some of our Southerners. TR has
          something for everyone--students of history and
          leadership, those interested in self-development,
          the infirm, the naturalist, and more.
          I never tire of learning about him. I never tire
          of hearing his stories.
          All of this is ours, thanks to this group and the
          fine quality of folks in it.
          Vince Liberto
          New Orleans

          http://mailplus.yahoo.com