Re-broadcast of TR: An American Lion

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 22, 2003
      TR: An American Lion will be rebroadcast on the History Channel on Saturday, January 25 at 8:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.

      By the way, if any of you visited the History Channel's website on the documentary and clicked through to the genealogy, did you spot the error???  Easily picked out by anyone knowledgeable...

      Best wishes from Oyster Bay,

      Linda E. Milano
      Assistant Director                        (516) 921-6319
      Theodore Roosevelt Association       Fax:  (516) 921-6481
      P.O. Box 719                              E-Mail:  TRA_Milano@...
      Oyster Bay, NY 11771-0719              web:  www.theodoreroosevelt.org

    • Jeremy Johnston
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 24, 2003
        Message
        Speaking of errors...did anyone catch the error on the map displaying the National Forest lands during the segment on TR's conservation record?

        Now my two-cents worth...I would have to say both documentaries, the PBS and History Channel, are excellent introductions to TR's life.  Anyone who watches either one will most certainly want to learn more about TR.  (I hope many of my students feel that way after seeing the program!)  Of course we all know how difficult it is to cram all aspects of TR's exciting life into a 4 hour documentary.  I am not sure a 20 hour mini-series would do TR justice.  I feel now is the time to pressure PBS and the History Channel to go further with TR's life and his contribution to America.  I would like to see more in-depth documentaries about TR and certain aspects of his life and presidency.  For example, I would like to see one 2 to 4 hour program depicting his role in the conservation movement.  It would be nice to have one documentary focus just on his presidency, or his western adventures.  I know their have been documentaries covering Roosevelt's hunting trips to Africa and his exploration of the River of Doubt and they were well received by the public.  So as a TRA member I want to see more from PBS and the History Channel on TR.  I support any efforts they may to continue broadcasting any programs pertaining to TR!

        Sincerely,
        Jeremy Johnston

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 24, 2003
          Message
          You all may be sure that the TRA, as always, will work to have more documentaries and other shows on TR.  It would be effective, I think, if people wrote to The History Channel and PBS, and perhaps other cable channels like Discovery, and suggest that they do TR shows, perhaps topical shows, as Jeremy Johnston suggests.
                               John Gable in Oyster Bay

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 25, 2003
            During the first night of TR: AN AMERICAN LION, I
            watched it two times--both the early and
            late-night edition.

            Then I put in a full day's intensive work.

            As a result, on the second night, I fell asleep
            on the last twenty minutes of TR. So, I am hoping
            to catch up and catch the rest tonight (Saturday
            at about 11:30 p.m. New Orleans time).
            Vince Liberto

            --- "Linda E. Milano" <TRA_Milano@...>

            http://mailplus.yahoo.com