Fw: North Dakota Resolution

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2002
                                          TR's Badlands Legacy Needs Your Help

            The attached resolution was passed at the 83rd Annual Meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Theodore Roosevelt Association at Buffalo, New York,  October 19, 2002.
      Here's the story. Theodore Roosevelt National park in North Dakota-- many of you have been there-- is in three units, the smallest being the Elkhorn Ranch Unit at 218 acres, not very much land. This area was the site of TR's Elkhorn Ranch along the Little Missouri River.  The adjoining Blacktail Creek Ranch at 6,600 acres , once part of TR's range area, is up for sale; and we think this land should be acquired by the federal government to protect and enhance the small Elkhorn Ranch Unit.
            It is very likely that Congress will consider this matter before the end of December, and therefore we ask you to consider forwarding this resolution, along with your own personal endorsement of the same, to your member of the US House of Representatives and your US Senators.  Thank you for giving this matter your attention and consideration. Pass this along to friends and family who care about our natural and historical heritage.
                                                                      John A. Gable
                                   Executive Director, Theodore Roosevelt Association