Fw: archie's excuses

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2002

      Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 10:52 AM
      Subject: archie's excuses

      This is going into the TRA JOURNAL.
      The following is an unpublished hand-written letter, dated at the White House, November 15, 1904 (not long after the election of 1904), and address to Miss Elizabeth Edna Marshall at Sidwell's Friends School, Washington, DC.

      Dear Miss Marshall
         Can Archie be excused for Wednesday last, when he was suffering from"too much election," and for yesterday, Monday, when in the hurry of bustling out of the White House he managed to forget his books. I am aware that the last seems rather a slender excuse, but Archie evidently hopes it may suffice--& I hope so too, even though I have doubts!
                       Theodore Roosevelt