TR and Affirmative Action

  • Robhhsacf@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2002
      Can anyone opine how TR would view affirmative action or hiring, contracting, letting into college, etc., where qualities other than merit and achievement enter the equation?  While I strongly believe that he would come out against it as he was a firm believer in the merit principle (for example, his work on the U.S. Civil Service Commission, NYC Police Commission, in many of his writings, etc.), I would like to hear what other people think.

      Thank you.

      Rob Siedlecki