Re: Fw:

  • navhist1
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2002
      All,
      Another thing that bothers me, though I don't think we'll have much
      chance of changing it is when individuals in the media, and even, as
      much as I regret to say, the Navy, call the ship the USS Teddy
      Roosevelt. As anyone who has served on it knows, it is called either
      the THEODORE ROOSEVELT, the "TR" or simply by those who love it, "The
      Big Stick." Calling it "Teddy" seems to imply the individual
      speaking is familier with the ship, but all it demonstrates is their
      lack of familiarity.
      Jerry Hendrix

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1 1:07 PM

        Sent: Monday, April 01, 2002 12:09 PM

        Dear John,

        I just read about the problem you people "up north" are having concerning the proper pronunciation of TR's last name. We Southerners have always pronounced it rewsavelt. However due to what some people refer to as an accent (God does talk like we do) it always comes out as rosavelt. Problem solved.

        Ya'll have a wonderful day.

        Best regards,

        Bruce Holley