RE: [tr-m] TR's Vice Presidency

  • Genna Rollins
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 27, 2013

      Gerry,

      Please contact Heather Cole, curator of the Theodore Roosevelt Collection at Harvard’s Houghton Library. I believe the TRC has binders of day-by-day events for TR’s presidency (and maybe his vice presidency, too).

      Here is her contact info:

      trc@...

      Assistant Curator of Modern Books & Manuscripts &

      Curator of the Theodore Roosevelt Collection

      Houghton Library, Harvard University

      Cambridge, MA 02138

      617.495.2449

      Kind regards,

      Genna Rollins

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 27, 2013

        I'm enclosing a list of TR's daily activities, with a little extra from before he took office, and the first couple of weeks of his Presidency.  Hope this helps,

        Linda Milano

        City

        State

        Country

        Year

        End Date

        Notes

        New York City,,,,,, 689 Madison Ave

        NY

        USA

        1900

        Saturday, November 03, 1900

        Oyster Bay

        NY

        USA

        1900

        Sunday, November 04, 1900

        Sunday, November 11, 1900

        Sunday, November 11, 1900

        Albany

        NY

        USA

        1900

        Monday, November 12, 1900

        Tuesday, November 13, 1900

        Monday, November 12, 1900

        Albany

        NY

        USA

        1900

        Tuesday, November 13, 1900

        Friday, November 16, 1900

        Syracuse

        NY

        USA

        1900

        Tuesday, November 13, 1900

        Oyster Bay

        NY

        USA

        1900

        Friday, November 16, 1900

        Friday, November 23, 1900

        Saturday, November 24, 1900

        Philadelphia

        PA

        USA

        1900

        Saturday, November 24, 1900

        Oyster Bay

        NY

        USA

        1900

        Sunday, November 25, 1900

        Albany

        NY

        USA

        1900

        Monday, November 26, 1900

        Tuesday, November 27, 1900

        Oyster Bay

        NY

        USA

        1900

        Tuesday, November 27, 1900

        Thursday, November 29, 1900

        Thursday, November 29, 1900

        Oyster Bay

        NY

        USA

        1900

        Thursday, November 29, 1900

        Monday, December 03, 1900

        Albany

        NY

        USA

        1900

        Monday, December 03, 1900

        Friday, December 07, 1900

        Saturday, December 08, 1900

        Oyster Bay

        NY

        USA

        1900

        Saturday, December 08, 1900

        Sunday, December 09, 1900

        Albany

        NY

        USA

        1900

        Monday, December 10, 1900

        Wednesday, December 12, 1900

        Washington, 1810 N St

        DC

        USA

        1900

        Thursday, December 13, 1900

        Friday, December 14, 1900

        Albany

        NY

        USA

        1900

        Saturday, December 15, 1900

        Saturday, December 15, 1900

        Oyster Bay

        NY

        USA

        1900

        Sunday, December 16, 1900

        Albany

        NY

        USA

        1900

        Monday, December 17, 1900

        Tuesday, December 18, 1900

        Wednesday, December 19, 1900

        (Message over 64 KB, truncated)

      • Gerry O'Brien
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 27, 2013
          Thank you, Genna!

          Gerry O'Brien
          www.gerryobrien.com

          I'm writing a book covering TR's six month Vice Presidency, and am looking for information on some of the day-to-day details of his life in 1901.

          I am particularly interested in information about his Vice Presidential staff, his DC residence and home staff during that time (March to September of 1901).

          Any assista nce would be greatly appreciated.

          Thank you.

          Gerry O'Brien

          Sent from my iPhone