TR's Vice Presidency

  • Gerry O'Brien
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 27, 2013
      I'm writing a book covering TR's six month Vice Presidency, and am looking for information on some of the day-to-day details of his life in 1901.

      I am particularly interested in information about his Vice Presidential staff, his DC residence and home staff during that time (March to September of 1901).

      Thank you.

      Gerry O'Brien

      Sent from my iPhone
    • Genna Rollins
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 27, 2013

        Gerry,

        Please contact Heather Cole, curator of the Theodore Roosevelt Collection at Harvard’s Houghton Library. I believe the TRC has binders of day-by-day events for TR’s presidency (and maybe his vice presidency, too).

        Here is her contact info:

        trc@...

        Assistant Curator of Modern Books & Manuscripts &

        Curator of the Theodore Roosevelt Collection

        Houghton Library, Harvard University

        Cambridge, MA 02138

        617.495.2449

        Kind regards,

        Genna Rollins

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 27, 2013

          I'm enclosing a list of TR's daily activities, with a little extra from before he took office, and the first couple of weeks of his Presidency.  Hope this helps,

          Linda Milano

          City

          State

          Country

          Year

          End Date

          Notes

          New York City,,,,,, 689 Madison Ave

          NY

          USA

          1900

          Saturday, November 03, 1900

          Oyster Bay

          NY

          USA

          1900

          Sunday, November 04, 1900

          Sunday, November 11, 1900

          Sunday, November 11, 1900

          Albany

          NY

          USA

          1900

          Monday, November 12, 1900

          Tuesday, November 13, 1900

          Monday, November 12, 1900

          Albany

          NY

          USA

          1900

          Tuesday, November 13, 1900

          Friday, November 16, 1900

          Syracuse

          NY

          USA

          1900

          Tuesday, November 13, 1900

          Oyster Bay

          NY

          USA

          1900

          Friday, November 16, 1900

          Friday, November 23, 1900

          Saturday, November 24, 1900

          Philadelphia

          PA

          USA

          1900

          Saturday, November 24, 1900

          Oyster Bay

          NY

          USA

          1900

          Sunday, November 25, 1900

          Albany

          NY

          USA

          1900

          Monday, November 26, 1900

          Tuesday, November 27, 1900

          Oyster Bay

          NY

          USA

          1900

          Tuesday, November 27, 1900

          Thursday, November 29, 1900

          Thursday, November 29, 1900

          Oyster Bay

          NY

          USA

          1900

          Thursday, November 29, 1900

          Monday, December 03, 1900

          Albany

          NY

          USA

          1900

          Monday, December 03, 1900

          Friday, December 07, 1900

          Saturday, December 08, 1900

          Oyster Bay

          NY

          USA

          1900

          Saturday, December 08, 1900

          Sunday, December 09, 1900

          Albany

          NY

          USA

          1900

          Monday, December 10, 1900

          Wednesday, December 12, 1900

          Washington, 1810 N St

          DC

          USA

          1900

          Thursday, December 13, 1900

          Friday, December 14, 1900

          Albany

          NY

          USA

          1900

          Saturday, December 15, 1900

          Saturday, December 15, 1900

          Oyster Bay

          NY

          USA

          1900

          Sunday, December 16, 1900

          Albany

          NY

          USA

          1900

          Monday, December 17, 1900

          Tuesday, December 18, 1900

          Wednesday, December 19, 1900

          (Message over 64 KB, truncated)

        • Gerry O'Brien
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 27, 2013
            Thank you, Genna!

            Gerry O'Brien
            www.gerryobrien.com

            I'm writing a book covering TR's six month Vice Presidency, and am looking for information on some of the day-to-day details of his life in 1901.

            I am particularly interested in information about his Vice Presidential staff, his DC residence and home staff during that time (March to September of 1901).

            Any assista nce would be greatly appreciated.

            Thank you.

            Gerry O'Brien

            Sent from my iPhone