Re: 1904 Election and Missouri

  • historynursing
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 10, 2013
      --- In tr-m@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Brodo <jonbrodo17@...> wrote:

      > Hello Everyone,
      >
      > I am writing a paper for "Southern Politics" class regarding the 1904
      > Presidential Election and how TR swung Missouri from the "solid south". I
      > am having trouble so far collecting information besides a couple lines here
      > and there that he won Missouri. Any help would be much appreciated!
      >
      > Thank you,
      >
      > Jonathan Brodo_._,___

    • historynursing
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 10, 2013
        Try in "The Letters of Theodore Roosevelt" edited by Elting E. Morrison, John M. Blum, Alfred D. Chandler Jr., Sylvia Rice, et.al. Vol III, pages 193-194. There is a letter from TR to Archbishop Ireland which touches upon your topic. The footnote for the letter explains how the patronage changed.

        --- In tr-m@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Brodo <jonbrodo17@...> wrote:

        > Hello Everyone,
        >
        > I am writing a paper for "Southern Politics" class regarding the 1904
        > Presidential Election and how TR swung Missouri from the "solid south". I
        > am having trouble so far collecting information besides a couple lines here
        > and there that he won Missouri. Any help would be much appreciated!
        >
        > Thank you,
        >
        > Jonathan Brodo_._,___

      • Robert G Rafael Guber
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 27, 2013

          primary resource information is always the best. check the newspaper archives in loc.gov I believe they're also Missouri newspaper listings in genealogybank.com if you have access do you have access to a university library or most public libraries you can also check Pro quest HistoricalĀ  Newspapapers. I'd like to suggest oneĀ  surprising resource. there is a web site fultonhistory.com it is an exceedingly extensive collection of New York State newspapers but my guess is that in 1904 there was a lot of in-depth coverage or TRs State by State victories. Good Luck Rafael Guber