Re: 1904 Election and Missouri

  • historynursing
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 10, 2013
      --- In tr-m@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Brodo <jonbrodo17@...> wrote:

      > Hello Everyone,
      >
      > I am writing a paper for "Southern Politics" class regarding the 1904
      > Presidential Election and how TR swung Missouri from the "solid south". I
      > am having trouble so far collecting information besides a couple lines here
      > and there that he won Missouri. Any help would be much appreciated!
      >
      > Thank you,
      >
      > Jonathan Brodo_._,___

    • historynursing
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 10, 2013
        Try in "The Letters of Theodore Roosevelt" edited by Elting E. Morrison, John M. Blum, Alfred D. Chandler Jr., Sylvia Rice, et.al. Vol III, pages 193-194. There is a letter from TR to Archbishop Ireland which touches upon your topic. The footnote for the letter explains how the patronage changed.

      • <kuniegel@...>
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 12, 2013
          Character, Honest, Integrity: Saying what he  believed in and backing up what he said with actions that corresponded to his words.

          I know you were looking for something different but I could not resist saying what is too often overlooked as essentials in modern politics. We need politicians to emulate TR if his dream for a strong America is to endure.

          Bob K.

          I am writing a paper for "Southern Politics" class regarding the 1904 Presidential Election and how TR swung Missouri from the "solid south".  I am having trouble so far collecting information besides a couple lines here and there that he won Missouri.  Any help would be much appreciated!

          Thank you,

          Jonathan Brodo_._,___

        • Robert G Rafael Guber
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 27, 2013

            primary resource information is always the best. check the newspaper archives in loc.gov I believe they're also Missouri newspaper listings in genealogybank.com if you have access do you have access to a university library or most public libraries you can also check Pro quest Historical  Newspapapers. I'd like to suggest one  surprising resource. there is a web site fultonhistory.com it is an exceedingly extensive collection of New York State newspapers but my guess is that in 1904 there was a lot of in-depth coverage or TRs State by State victories. Good Luck Rafael Guber