Re: [tr-m] Roosevelt in Africa (1910)

  • George Pagliero
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 16 4:09 AM

      Thank you. Sadly all the British Film Institute has are what are classed 'out takes' and mirror what the library of Congress has. Just 10 minutes or so of compiled clips.

      There must be a complete film somewhere.

      The one place I haven't tried is the Smithsonian, who sponsored the expedition. My next port of call.

      On 16 Mar 2013 06:46, <mbryant6@...> wrote:

      You may want to try the British Film Institute if you haven't already. I believe the corret title is "With Roosevelt in Africa"??

      On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 14:15:12 +0000 George Pagliero <georgepags@...> writes:

      Hello All,

      I am working on a documentary about the history of safari in East Africa and I am trying to locate the complete 'Roosevelt in Africa' film, photographed by Cherry Kearton, released in 1910.

      According to my research I am led to believe the original film release could have been an hour long. However I can only find short clips of film. The Library of Congress has just four short clips - between 2 and 4 minutes long whilst the British Film Institute in London, who curate many Kearton films, only have a single reel of outtakes.

      Can anyone in this forum group help? Does anyone know of another film archive that may have Roosevelt in Africa film? Has anyone ever seen a complete film?

      All thoughts and ideas will be most welcome.

      Kind regards,

      George Pagliero

      Producer, Tigress Productions, UK