Re: Holdings at Sagemore Hill

  • SimonATL
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 23, 2012
      Good question about whether a list of Sagamore Hill artifacts exists.

      I'm sure the National Park Service has an exact inventoried list. Any such list is a matter of public record because all this property is now US Government-owned. I'd call the Sagamore Hill site and ask to talk to the management. For sure, that list is out there somewhere.

      Many of the artifacts are actually touring the country as part of other exhibits.

      Keith

      Is there a master list of artifacts that is available for the general public to look at?

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 23, 2012

        Actually, there are some pieces at Sagamore Hill (when it's open) that still belong to various members of the Roosevelt Family, and are on loan to the National Park Service.  Yes, everything's packed away for the modernization/upgrade, I was just saying that was where TR had those items.

        Good question about whether a list of Sagamore Hill artifacts exists.

        I'm sure the National Park Service has an exact inventoried list. Any such list is a matter of public record because all this property is now US Government-owned. I'd call the Sagamore Hill site and ask to talk to the management. For sure, that list is out there somewhere.

        Many of the artifacts are actually touring the country as part of other exhibits.

        Keith

        Is there a master list of artifacts that is available for the general public to look at?

        > Sent from my iPhone
        >
        > On Nov 21, 2012, at 12:59 PM, SimonATL <simonatl@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Linda
        > >
        > > And as many of us know, all the interior furnishings of Sagamore Hill are in storage with the repairs and modernization-upgrades going on.
        > >
        > > Keith
        > >
        > > --- In tr-m@yahoogroups.com, "Linda E. Milano" <lindamilano721@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > There are two engravings of Prince William of Orange and of Prince Rupert on the back wall of TR's study at Sagamore Hill. Whether or not those are the ones from Storer, I don't know
        > > >
        > > > Best,
        > > > Linda Milano
        > > >
        > > > Sent from my iPad

      • Constance Moore
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 26, 2012
          Thank you for the information. I will contact the archivist about the letter. It does speak "William" but I am unable to decipher the rest of the sentence. The rest of the paragraph talks about customs so I believe the etchings were sent.

          Another interesting gift from the Storers is the Encke painting of Roosevelt in the military uniform. There are two letters I found that refer to it.

          Sent from my iPad