URGENT - Help save TR's Elkhorn Ranch - from Tweed Roosevelt

  • SimonATL
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2012

      All

      The Theodore Roosevelt Association (TRA) and I have been working hard to have TR's Elkhorn ranch in the North Dakota badlands declared a national monument by President Obama. I met personally with him and discussed this issue. The threats to the site are imminent and serious. Lowell Baier has also been working very hard with the White House, the Congress, other government agencies, and private entities to further this effort. Earlier this week, the National Trust for Historic Preservation announced that they were listing the ranch on their annual list of the eleven most endangered places. Today, Edmund Morris published an Op-Ed piece in the New York Times urging the president to act immediately. The links and information below provide you with more information. Any action you feel appropriate to take will be appreciated.

      http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/08/opinion/bad-news-for-the-badlands.html

      See Recent Elkhorn Article at https://tra.memberclicks.net/assets/documents/elkhornrelease.pdf

      Please consider joining the TRA to throw your hat into the ring on this and other important causes and to raise awareness of our 26th President.  Check out www.theodoreroosevelt.org for more information

      Visit our new Theodore Roosevelt Association member application page located at

      www.trassociation.org

      allowing you direct access to
      event registration, membership, renewals and other exciting features.

      Contact us:

      Theodore Roosevelt Association
      P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, NY 11771

      (516)921-6319