TR Conference -- Dickinson

  • Stan Wien
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 14, 2012
     I was wondering if anyone has attended the TR Symposium that is annually held at Dickinson State University in North Dakota.  I was planning on going this year but my plans changed at the  last minute.  If anyone has any experience with this meeting I would like to know if you thought it was informative, useful and worth the time to attend

    Attaching the symposium brochure from this year

    thanks,

    Stan Wien

  • CJ Moore

      Message 3 of 6 , Jan 14, 2012
        I too have been attending the DSU TR Symposiums and they are excellent in that they have an acknowledged TR "expert," Clay Jenkinson as the moderator and also they have the NEW TR Studies Center and a full time coordinator who does a really bang-up job on all of it. As the previous speaker mentioned they've had Doug Brinkley, Edmund Morris and I might add, virtually EVER modern TR scholar has spoken as well except for McCullogh!

        Keith

      • kuniegel@verizon.net
        Message 4 of 6 , Jan 14, 2012
          My internet browser did not show any attachment. Is there a way that you can display the information as text or give a URL where it can be viewed elsewhere? My wife and I did not plan a vacation for this year and it sounds like something I would be interested in.

          Message 5 of 6 , Jan 15, 2012

            All

            Here are some useful links to the Theodore Roosevelt Center:

            http://www.theodorerooseveltcenter.org/Research/Collections/Dickinson-State-University.aspx

            Links to presentations and discussions at TR Symposia in Dickinson State University.

            2011 Symposium - 42 Minute - TR in the West Reconsidered - NEW Undiscovered Materials about TR in the Badlands: Herman Haggadorn wrote on TR in the Badlands, but it lacked many details of historical accuracy and Herman would later admit in the 50s that he wasn't even aware at the time of his visiting the Badlands in the early 1920s to get materials and interview people, that TR had gone out there in response to the dual deaths of his wife and mother. VERY interesting discussion with NEW insights.

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI3INzqczyk

            2010 Symposium - 28 Min discussion - Historian Clay Jenkinson Discusses TR at Medora, ND

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksAIHN1bYuM

            Keith

            Trustee, Theodore Roosevelt Association and TRA Trip to Cuba 2012 field historian and presenter

            SimonAmerica@...

          • mbryant6@juno.com
            Message 6 of 6 , Jan 15, 2012
              I am excited about the TRA symposium this year also for the 100 year commemoration: http://traannualmeeting2012.org/

              On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 23:02:13 -0500 <kuniegel@...> writes:

              My internet browser did not show any attachment. Is there a way that you can display the information as text or give a URL where it can be viewed elsewhere? My wife and I did not plan a vacation for this year and it sounds like something I would be interested in.

               I was wondering if anyone has attended the TR Symposium that is annually held at Dickinson State University in North Dakota.  I was planning on going this year but my plans changed at the  last minute.  If anyone has any experience with this meeting I would like to know if you thought it was informative, useful and worth the time to attend

              Attaching the symposium brochure from this year

              thanks,

              Stan Wien

              53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
              consumerproducts.com