Re: [tr-m] Sagamore Hill Renovation

  • kuniegel@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2011

      It matters not if one person fails. The the cause must go on. I thank you for the url & information. I hope that my meger efforts to build a on-line TR library spurs the notion of others more capable to build a TR Presidential Library that will include the eight thousand books mentioned in this article, plus others that TR read. I planned to mention this, hopefull wish, after putting up my next book at (TRAmericanPatriot.com ) by James Fenimore Cooper. It would be a great tribute to his memory if  vast numbers of Americans would help with such a necessary project. Americans must atone for almost forgetting this American Patriot that gave us so much at so great a cost to his self interests. In his book about the Life of Oliver Cromwell TR said that sometimes it takes 100 year for people to understand what a great person is saying. It is time that we aid others to understand what TR was saying.

      Verone said visitors to Sagamore Hill learn that Roosevelt tackled many of the same problems the country faces today. ‘What kind of country will we be? A place like Sagamore Hill helps remind the public of that.

      ‘These aren't new problems; these are conversations we've been having for 100 years.’

      There are 8,000 books, and thousands of items from flags to furniture, busts to baubles and medals to mementoes.