If people read about TR can this happen again?

  • ROBERT KUNIEGEL
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2011
      “A great change had come over the American people.  Thanks largely to him, men did not do in 1908 the things they had done in 1901.  Roosevelt had set the nation thinking.  He had awakened the social conscience.  Because of him the nation had nobler ideals, a deeper respect for law, a keener sense of the responsibilities of power.  Through his influence, the tone of public life had been noticeably raised.  In the Federal service, corruption, intrigue, and inefficiency had everywhere given place to a new devotion to the public good.  Men working under him felt that they were not his inferiors so much as coworkers with him in a great cause, standing with him on the same level of purpose and service.  He asked and took their advice "with that singular amiability and open-mindedness,"

       The Boys' Life of Theodore Roosevelt by Hermann Hagedorn

      I am sure it can happen agian. What I am not sure of is if people care enough about TR's ideals to try and make it happen.
      RJK