Re: [tr-m] Researching TR's relationship with Kaiser Wilhelm - Appreci ate any info

  • jmgallen@juno.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 26, 2010

      Keith,

      I did not think of it but Theodore Roosevelt and the Rise of America to World Power is an excellent book.  I read it during or shortly after college (during the 1970s) and again in 2004 in preparation for a continuing ed class on TR that I taught.  My review can be found at:

      http://www.amazon.com/Theodore-Roosevelt-America-World-Power/dp/0801832497/ref=cm_lmf_tit_9

      Another one that I read in 2004 that might be helpful, but probably not as good is:

      Velvet on Iron: The Diplomacy of Theodore Roosevelt by Frederick Marks.  My review can be found at:

      http://www.amazon.com/Velvet-Iron-Diplomacy-Theodore-Roosevelt/dp/0803230575/ref=cm_lmf_tit_10

      Jim Gallen

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 27, 2010
        Jim