Did TR ever ride a moose?

  • Larry Bodine
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 18, 2010

      Hi,

      I have been asked to verify whether this picture is real, or whether it is a photoshopped picture.  What do you know about it?

      Larry Bodine

      TR Riding a Moose.jpg

    • Henry Hendrix
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 18, 2010
        Photo shop, I remember the picture of TR, it was taken either in Africa or South America during one of his hunting trips or expeditions.
        VR
        HJ Hendrix

        To: Larrybodinenow@...
        CC: tpeeling@...

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 19, 2010
          The pic is a phony - done long before Photoshop - or computers, for that matter, were ever invented, but a phony nonetheless.  It was actually done during TR's lifetime.

          There are a few out there.  There's a really famous one of TR sitting with some famous Western bad guys (and some good guys, too).  Looks very convincing - until you realize the picture of TR they used was taken during or after his presidency, when the picture was purported to have been taken in the 1880s, even though a couple of the men in the picture were dead by then.

          Then there's the campaign photo of McKinley and TR, which was actually a montage - McKinley had posed for the photo with his previous Vice President four years earlier.  It worked so well, they took a photo of TR and placed it in there instead of his predecessor.