John Ellis Roosevelt?

  • baby_afrika
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6 3:22 PM
      Can anyone tell me how many children John E. and Nannie Roosevelt had? The only records I can find show three daughters, Gladys, Anita B and Jean Schermerhorn. But the oldest two, twins Gladys and Anita weren't born until 1889 and John and Nannie were married in 1879. Were there really no other children for the first ten years of their marriage? Also, Anita B(arnhill?) simply disappears after 1910. No newspaper articles mention her and she isn't shown on the 1920 census. Did she marry, move to Europe or die of sickness? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      BA