Theodore Roosevelt Center & Digital Library

  • John Olsen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2009
      Dear Fellow TR Fans,

      I recently learned about one of the coolest TR related projects ever and wanted to share it with anyone and everyone who is a fellow TR fan. For those of you who have not heard about the Theodore Roosevelt Center and the Theodore Roosevelt Digital Library Project, I highly suggest you check out the following website: http://www.theodorerooseveltcenter.com/

      The Theodore Roosevelt Center is housed at Dickinson State University in Dickinson, North Dakota, which is just 35 miles from Theodore Roosevelt National Park. The university has begun the very ambitious and exciting project of digitizing and indexing all of the Theodore Roosevelt papers housed at the Library of Congress, the TR related papers and artifacts held by six National Park Service sites related to TR, and are in negotiation with Harvard to digitize the Theodore Roosevelt Collection housed there.

      They already have the 250,000 documents from the Library of Congress digitized and will begin indexing these in the near future. Of course, to accomplish this enormous task, the TR Center will need a large number of volunteers. This is where I believe that each and every one of us TR fans can make a huge contribution to his legacy by helping the TR Center with this project as well as getting a chance to look at some amazing documents and learn more about TR than we ever knew before.

      If you are interested in helping out the TR Center with the Digital Library Project, please contact Sharon Kilzer, Project Manager of the TR Center, (701) 483-2814 or e-mail her at Sharon.Kilzer@...

      I would appreciate it if you would let her know that you learned about the Digital Project from this e-mail.

      All the best,
      John Olsen