Re: [tr-m] Re: TR Cartoon project

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2009
      Well, the TR collection was actually put together from donations - if it wasn't donated, it's not in the collection.  It was originally owned by the Roosevelt Memorial Association (who changed its name to the Theodore Roosevelt Association in the 1950s when they merged with the Women's Roosevelt Memorial Association).  The RMA donated their collection to Harvard in 1942.

      Best,
      Linda

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 30, 2009
        This might sound like an off-the-wall suggestion - but two sources you might want to try for additional cartoons.

        1.    Believe it or not, Canterbury Ales in Oyster Bay.  The owner has a collection of TR cartoons on the wall - he might let you photograph them.

        2.  Check with Peter Scanlan - rosepark@... - he deals in TR memorabilia.

        Hope this helps.

        Linda