Your ideas on more "modern/Interactive" site/techology for TR discussions?

  • Keith Simon
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 14 12:19 PM
      Since 1999, this site has been at the forefront of discussions on Theodore Roosevelt.

      Nevertheless, people have been asking/wondering why we continue to stay locked in the late 90s, technology-wise and use Yahoo for our discussions. While not the "owner" of this group, I'd like to hear people's ideas about what additional site(s) or technology we might want to consider using in addition to Yahoo. There are a host of technologies available. We could also set up an independent site with very advanced blog/chat technology. The main limitation of this site is that Yahoo doesn't allow for multiple parallel discussion "thread" as the tekies call it. There are a number of very sophisticated blog, chat and wikipedia-like techologies available. I've already planted a stake for the subject "Theodore Roosevelt" on GMail Groups and also www.Linkedin.com and thanks for any suggestions, ideas.

      I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
      Keith

      Subj:Your ideas on more "modern/Interactive" site/techology for TR discussions?
    • Constance Moore
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 14 1:57 PM
        Would you consider creating a Listserve by a company called L-Soft at lsoft.com. Either moderated or unmoderated lists can be created where participants can have multiple threads. The advantage is that the group would own the list and we could set up our own domain.
        On Tuesday, April 14, 2009, at 01:19PM, "Keith Simon" <simonamerica@...> wrote:
        >Since 1999, this site has been at the forefront of discussions on Theodore Roosevelt.
        >
        >Nevertheless, people have been asking/wondering why we continue to stay locked in the late 90s, technology-wise and use Yahoo for our discussions. While not the "owner" of this group, I'd like to hear people's ideas about what additional site(s) or technology we might want to consider using in addition to Yahoo. There are a host of technologies available. We could also set up an independent site with very advanced blog/chat technology. The main limitation of this site is that Yahoo doesn't allow for multiple parallel discussion "thread" as the tekies call it. There are a number of very sophisticated blog, chat and wikipedia-like techologies available. I've already planted a stake for the subject "Theodore Roosevelt" on GMail Groups and also www.Linkedin.com and thanks for any suggestions, ideas.
        >
        >I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
        >Keith
        >

        >Subj:Your ideas on more "modern/Interactive" site/techology for TR discussions?
        >
        >-S
      • Mark Arend
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 14 4:28 PM
          Well, speaking as someone with dial-up access, email that I can
          download and read at my leisure is the easiest. Online forums just
          don't work well for me.

          --MWA

          At 02:19 PM 4/14/2009, you wrote:
          >Since 1999, this site has been at the forefront of discussions on
          >Theodore Roosevelt.
          >
          >Nevertheless, people have been asking/wondering why we continue to
          >stay locked in the late 90s, technology-wise and use Yahoo for our
          >discussions. While not the "owner" of this group, I'd like to hear
          >people's ideas about what additional site(s) or technology we might
          >want to consider using in addition to Yahoo. There are a host of
          >technologies available. We could also set up an independent site
          >with very advanced blog/chat technology. The main limitation of
          >this site is that Yahoo doesn't allow for multiple parallel
          >discussion "thread" as the tekies call it. There are a number of
          >very sophisticated blog, chat and wikipedia-like techologies
          >available. I've already planted a stake for the subject "Theodore
          >Roosevelt" on GMail Groups and also www.Linkedin.com and thanks for
          >any suggestions, ideas.
          >
          >I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
          >Keith
          >

          >Subj:Your ideas on more "modern/Interactive" site/techology for TR
          >discussions?

          >04/11/09 10:51:00

          Mark Arend
          Oshkosh Wisc.

          Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's
          too dark to read.
          ---Groucho Marx
        • Keith Simon
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 14 11:41 PM
            Thanks for that info, I'll check out the site. I'm just asking for ideas at this point.

            Keith