Supporting the USS Theodore Roosevelt

  • TRA
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2001
      There is something tangible we can all do - make sure that the young men and women on board know how much we all support them.  One way of doing that is by corresponding with them.  I have gotten an address from the Captain where people can write to "Any Sailor" (see below) and then those letters will be distributed to individuals on board.  They are also setting up an e-mail address for the same purpose - so that everyone on board will get mail from home with messages of support and encouragement.  This way, the sailors will know we are behind them, and people here at home can begin a correspondence with "their" sailor.

      Please pass this e-mail around to as many people as possible.

      I thank you and those on board thank you.

      Best wishes from Oyster Bay,

      Linda E. Milano
      Assistant Director                                (516) 921-6319
      Theodore Roosevelt Association       Fax:  (516) 921-6481
      P.O. Box 719                                        E-Mail:  TRA_Milano@...
      Oyster Bay, NY 11771-0719              web:  www.theodoreroosevelt.org

      Linda,

      Thanks for the kind email.

      The address to write any Sailor would be:

      Any Sailor
      USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71)
      FPO AE 09599-2871

      LT Oliveira will be in touch with the email address to use to contact a Sailor.

      The ship is eastward bound.  Morale is high.  We continue to train hard to be ready to answer any call.  I appreciate the TRA's support  as well as the messages of support we have received from all parts of the Nation.

      Best wishes,

      CAPT Rich O'Hanlon
      Commanding Officer
      USS Theodore Roosevelt