Capital Area Chapter Annual Dinner

  • G Rollins
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2008

      Dear Friends,

      The Capital Area Chapter of the TRA is holding our annual dinner Saturday June 21. The theme of the dinner is “In TR We Trust (Bust): Do We Need a New Big Stick in AntiTrust Enforcement?”, and our speaker is distinguished antitrust attorney and TR enthusiast, Tefft Smith, a senior litigation partner and leader of the Kirkland & Ellis Antitrust & Competition team. He will be exploring TR’s legacy in the antitrust realm.

      Details about the event, along with RSVP information, is available on our Web site at: http://www.capitalareatra.org/dinner08.asp. (You may have received a printed invitation as well.) The RSVP date is June 16.

      Proceeds from the silent auction will benefit our support of the li br ary and literary programs of Theodore Roosevelt High School in Washington , DC . Items that will be available in the silent auction include:

      * Original pen and ink drawing of the cover art for the invitation, donated by Matt Wuerker, editorial cartoonist for The Politico (www.politico.com)

      * Donated tour fee for TRA member’s Keith Simon’s tour of Little Bighorn-Custer Battlefield on July 10, 2008.

      * Pine Knot weekend package, including a private tour of Pine Knot, TR and Edith Roosevelt’s rural retreat in Albemarle County, VA, lunch at Coleswood, home of Paula and Jerome Beasley, complimentary stay at the Chester Bed & Breakfast, copy of Pine Knot book by distinguished historian William Harbaugh

      * Complimentary dinner for two at Clyde ’s Group Restaurants

      * Limited edition Theodore Roosevelt nutcracker made by the Steinbach company in Germany . It comes with teddy bear, Rough Rider hat and a map of Panama .

      * Buffalo weekend package, including donated stay at the Hyatt Regency, special tours of the TR Inaugural Site, Buffalo Transportation Pierce Arrow Museum, and Darwin Martin House (a Frank Lloyd Wright home).

      Please join us for what promises to be an interesting and enlightening evening.

      Best regards,

      Gena Rollins

      CAC Chapter President

      301-589-1974

    • Rogina L. Jeffries
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 8, 2008
        Hi Gina,

        The info is posted.

        On another topic.  Did you by any chance write up the trip last summer?  I got to the movie and ran out of steam.  I'd like to document the trip for the kids.

        Thanks,
        Rogina

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 14 7:16 AM

          Dear Friends,

          Last month I shared with you a save the date notice for the Capital Area Chapter's annual dinner, which is taking place on Saturday, April 18. Now I'm posting the actual invitation.

          For more information, including the RSVP, is available at:

          http://www.capitalareatra.org/dinner09.asp

          To recap, our speaker will be Dr. Pamela Henson of the Smithsonian Institution's Institutional History Division. She will be speaking on TR's African safari, and it's relationship to the Smithsonian.

          If you have any questions or need any additional info, please contact me at rollinswrites@... or 301-589-1974.

          Kind regards,

          Gena Rollins

          CAC chapter president