Re: TR & Thoreau

  • oshad
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 29, 2007
      "Convinced by [George Bird] Grinnell and fellow sportsman Archibald Rogers that their organization must enter the Yellowstone controversy, he called a meeting at the Metropolitan Club in Washington, D. C. on January 14, 1891."

      This is from: That Damned Cowboy: Theodore Roosevelt and the American West, 1883-1898. Contributors: Michael L. Collins - author. Publisher: Peter Lang. Place of Publication: New York. Publication Year: 1991. Page Number: 123.

      I've got the write-up from Forest & Stream. When I find it I'll post it to the Files section.

      Osha

    • OHBERRY@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 31, 2007
        Greetings all--

        I have a bit of TR memorabilia that I am forced to part with in order to fund about an hour- and-a-half of the baby princess's college education.

        My grandmother bought this for me at Sagamore Hill in about 1961 while we were visiting.  It is numbered 48/100, made to commorate TR's 100th birthday.

        I had this on Ebay but no one came close to the value so I pulled it.

        You can see several photos of the item here....the old listing is still on their site. Each photo has a two-step enlargement feature.

        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:L:EOISUAA:US:31&item=270171448425

        If anyone is seriously interested please feel free to drop me a line.

        Regards to all for the New Year,

        Dave Berry
        Dayton, OH

        PFHISTCONSULTANT@...