Re: [tr-m] TR letter to Frederick Jackson Turner

  • Henry Hendrix
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 18, 2001
      The note, in its entirety says,
      "My Dear Sir:
      I have been greatly interested in your pamphlet on the Frontier. It comes
      at the right time for me, for I intend to make use of it in writing the
      third volume of my "Winning of the West," of course making full
      acknowledgement. I think you have struck some first class ideas, and have
      put into definite shape a good deal of thought which has been floating
      around rather loosely.
      Very sincerely yours,"

      The note is on pg 363 of volume one of TR's letters as edited by Elting
      Morison.
      Jerry Hendrix