September 14 TR Event

  • TRA
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2001

      The Theodore Roosevelt Association’s Annual Meeting for the year 2001 will be in Buffalo, New York, September 13-16, 2001 to celebrate the centennial of TR’s Inauguration as President there on September 14, 1901.  Our headquarters hotel will be the Adams Mark, (716) 845-5100.

      Registration, Hospitality Room and special tours for early arrivals will be on Thursday, Sept. 13; the symposium will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 14 and continue through Saturday.  Speakers will include Edmund Morris, Sylvia Jukes Morris, Edward J. Renehan, Jr., W.H. Brands, John Morton Blum, William J. vanden Huevel, John Gable, Kathleen Dalton, and others.  Saturday evening will be our black tie optional dinner, with Stephen E. Ambrose as our special guest.  There will be a memorial service on Sunday morning, and then an optional tour to Niagara Falls in the afternoon.

      Details are still being worked out, so I am afraid I cannot be more specific than that right now.

      Best wishes from Oyster Bay,

      Linda E. Milano
      Assistant Director                        (516) 921-6319
      Theodore Roosevelt Association       Fax:  (516) 921-6481
      P.O. Box 719                              E-Mail:  TRA_Milano@...
      Oyster Bay, NY 11771-0719              web:  www.theodoreroosevelt.org