New Yahoo Group for TRA Members called TRA-Moderated

  • simonatl
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2007
      In the interest of a private discussion on the Theodore Roosevelt
      Association, I have started a new Yahoo group simply called TRA-
      Moderated. It will be a closed group with membership limited to TRA
      members. My goal there will be to sponsor the uncensored discussion
      of ideas and issues central to the TRA (except for discourteous or
      non-topical) messages. I have NO any interest in dominating
      discussions on the TRA. I am just hoping that TRA members will have
      a virtual "place" to discuss the organization without airing our so-
      called "dirty linen."

      By way of my background in working with Yahoo groups, I have been
      involved in Yahoo groups for over 9 years including the founding of
      a group dedicated to uncensored discussion on a particular religious
      topic. That group was the first for that demonination and now has
      over 60,000 messages. After moderating the group mentioned to get
      it up and running for about 3 years, I turned it completely over to
      trusted friends and only go to that group as a "normal" member. As I
      mentioned above, just as I had no interest in dominating discussions
      on that Yahoo group, I have NO any interest in dominating
      discussions on the TRA. I am just hoping that TRA members will have
      a virtual "place" to discuss the organization without airing our so-
      called "dirty linen." In other Yahoo closed groups, this helped
      trade information and get out ideas a lot. I will probably go on
      from there to start either a Microsoft Community or a Google
      Community because in those other venues, the group can be topically
      organized. Yahoo, however is simple to set up so I started with TRA-
      Moderated. I hope this helps the discussion. Keith Simon - TRA
      Member.